The WHMCS User and IP Extended Control module relies on php’s geoip module in order to function. Without this, it’s not going to work for you. Installation is rather simple and easy. Here’s how to do it for redhat servers:
- Login as root (via SSH)
- Follow the webtatic repository install instructions .
- Follow the EPEL repository install instructions .
- Type the following from SSH:
- yum -y clean all
- yum -y install geoip geoip-devel GeoIP-GeoLite-data
- pecl install geoip
- Restart your webservice (usually service httpd restart)
If you have problems, we’ll happily take care of this and install it for you for a nominal fee. Just contact us and we’ll get you an order link
If you run into errors related to GeoIP, make sure you’ve got their databases installed and downloaded to /usr/share/GeoIP/